Wednesday 14 September 2011

BLUE LEVI`S

SHENAE GRIMES IN VINTAGE LEVI'S

grimes_1.jpg

When I first saw these photos I thought that 90201 star Shenae Grimes had been snapped carrying a beer through the streets of Hollywood - now that's my kind of actress. On closer in inspection though I looks like it is actually an apple juice from fancy deli Joans on Third. Oh well, nevermind. At least she got her jeans right - opting for a pair of vintage Levi's. Am I the only one that finds it funny that something is called vintage these days when it came from the 1980s.
click on thumbnail to view full-size image
grimes_2.jpg
grimes_3.jpg
grimes_4.jpg

SAV STYLE - RICH & SKINNY BIKINI FLARES

IMG_0180.JPG

To say that I am feeling the new skinny flares that are in style right now doesn't cover it. As I look back at my flares of previous seasons I realize that the new shape of flares is so much more flattering. Instead of the pant leg being full from top to bottom, the current emphasis is on a skinny upper leg which bellows out at the ankle.
I might be a little late to sign up for the Rich & Skinny fanclub but I am here now. The Bikini Flares in Sunkist are vintage 70's inspired with all the pluses of modern day fabric and styling. These feel like the comfy jeggings we all came to love last year 98% cotton and 2% elastin they are light and have the right amount of stretch. The denim is lightweight and the feel is really worn in without being falling apart. The rise is 7" which for me is perfect the elastin in the denim is great because they fit nicely at the waist and don't squeeze you. The fit is snug from waistband to just above the knee and then these jeans are breakout flares. I really like the placement of the back pockets on these and aging of the denim is natural and doesn't look "done". The hem is great I like that is it worn and again kudos to R&S for making this processing appear "natural". I really feel like these jeans could of been on a classic Charlie's Angels episode, they are a perfect example of updating a vintage look with contemporary fabrics and styling. They fit true to size, in fact when I first slipped them on I had that feeling like I found my favorite pair of jeans that had been lost.
Retailing at $198.00 the Rich & Skinny Bikini Flares are worth the investment. Flares are always going to be in fashion at one time or another. The benefits of having minimal decoration on jeans is the ability to fly undercover on multiple wears over years. This 5 pocket classic jean is just that, a classic jean that will be in style for years to come.
IMG_0151.JPG
click on thumbnail to view full-size image
IMG_0163.JPG
IMG_0178.JPG
IMG_0143.JPG
IMG_0165.JPG
IMG_0139.JPG
IMG_0188.JPG
IMG_0194.JPG
IMG_0155.JPG
IMG_0209.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...