Thursday 2 June 2011

Does This Work? Dry Shampoos

http://latina.com/files/imagecache/post-large-image/yuli_dryshampoo_main.jpg

Our fine-haired managing editor, Yuliana Gomez, was on a mission to find the absolute best dry shampoo, and with a fresh crop of new ones just now in stores she had a lot to try. Here’s her road test experience:

The Products: Dry shampoos

The Claims: These sprays promise to let me skip a wash (or two) and in some cases to add volume.

My Results: Whenever my hair looked greasy or fell flat, I spritzed a different dry shampoo through my roots and rubbed the powdery formula into my scalp with my fingers (this distributes the product and rubs away any white residue). All of the sprays soaked up oil, but a few stood out:

John Frieda Anytime Volume Refresher did double duty as a grease-absorber and volumizer—and it worked great in the middle of the day.

TreSemmé Fresh Start’s scent was a bit overwhelming, but I appreciated that it was made for different hair textures (I used the Oily/Straight to Normal, but Waterless Foam Shampoo is also available for curly, drier strands).

Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo had a really nice clean, girly scent and didn’t leave any residue.

Ojon Full Detox Rub-Out Dry Cleansing Spray, Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo and Got2b Rockin’ It Encore Fresh Dry Shampoo were also standouts for their true oil-absorbing benefits and the volume they gave my hair without weighing it down; I also love that these all had subtle scents, since I tend to be sensitive to strong smells.

Overall Score: My old favorite, Batiste Original Dry Shampoo, $7.99, ulta.com, still out-cleaned (and out-volumized!) the newcomers. I give it 4.5 out of stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...